Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our New Nephew

Time has kind of gotten away from me over the past couple of weeks. We have been so busy adjusting to life as a family of four and falling more and more in love with the newest addition to our family. :)

I wanted to update quick with a fun addition to what some would consider kind of a crazy story regarding my twin brother and I. :) As many of you know, I have a twin brother Josh. Obviously we have had to share a lot of things over the years...birthdays, high school graduation, even friends. Most would consider this to be fairly normal, but over the years our story becomes more and more unique. Once graduating high school we both ended up going to the same college...graduating the same year. Our weddings were just 8 days apart and our first children were born just 12 days apart. Like most, we thought the chances of having our children that close together again would be rare. However, back in March when Josh and his wife called to tell us they were pregnant again...we had the very same news. The story got even crazier this past weekend when their second baby was born...get this...just 12 days after Kaden!! We thought that was pretty neat. :)
Josh with his son Israel, and me with Kaden

Me and Israel

We had the chance to go down to Cedar Falls and meet our new little nephew. Israel Michael Sankey is such a sweetie. I can't wait for he and Kaden to grow up together...I know they will be great friends, just like Emry and Kaelyn are. :)

2 comments:

kristie schaul said...

I think you're so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I have told lots of friends and family your story--wedding, pregnancies, babies! :) Fun stuff! Life pretty much keeps getting better and better dosen't it?

Justin and Jessica said...

I love it! My sisters are twins, and they have such a special relationship! :)