Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm Still Here....

I can't believe it's been SO long since I posted here last! Things have been quite busy lately and I've been working on a post since last week, but just never got it finished until just now. I used to be so organized....as time goes on, that has gone out the window I'm afraid. A little update since I posted last with what we've been up to....

The garage sale we had a couple weekends ago went great! It went much better than I had ever expected it to. Before we had it, I began thinking it was more work than it was actually worth, but I was SO wrong! We made quite a bit of money and were able to clear out much of our storage closet. Such a great feeling to be cleaning things out before the baby gets here in 91 days....not that I'm counting or anything...;) I'm very thankful to my parents for helping us out with the sale and with Kaelyn...I couldn't imagine trying to run the garage sale and watch her at the same time. She loved her time with Grammy and Grandpa!

About a week ago, we finally installed the countertops we've been wanting in our kitchen. The previous countertops were quite old...probably original to the house. (I will post pics soon of the before and after). It looks great and adds such a warm feeling to this space. We also picked up a new stove and microwave, which really looks nice too. Although our house is on the market, there haven't been any offers for a while, so we've decided to take it off the market if it doesn't sell by the end of September. I don't want to be moving when I'm 8 or 9 months pregnant, and once the baby comes we won't be able to have showings and go out in the middle of winter whenever there is one. We'll put it back on the market in the Spring or Summer and see what happens. We love it here, so whenever we're supposed to sell...even if it's months down the road, we're ok with that. :)

Last week Scott was gone for a few days for work, so Kaelyn and I went and spent some time at my parents house. We had a great time. It's always nice to have some company while he's gone, as well as a little help with Kaelyn too.

This past weekend Scott's family had their annual golf outing. My parents were invited to come along and we all had a great time! I didn't golf, but Scott and my Dad did and loved it!! They had a super yummy meal and it was great to spend time with them all.

Other than that I've been keeping busy with my other blog, which I guess I consider to be somewhat of an at home business of sorts. I am being contacted by many more companies to offer reviews and giveaways to my readers, which means much more time spent on it on my part. It's great though, and I love every minute of it. If you haven't ever visited my Mom Blog, check it out at A Mom's Balancing Act. That's where much of my time is spent when I have some down time.

Oh, and the pregnancy is going great as well! I'm 26 weeks now and feel great. I can't believe we're about to enter the third trimester already. I'm getting very excited to meet our little one...only 13 weeks left! :) Here's a pic of me and my growing bump taken last week at 25 weeks.

1 comments:

kristie schaul said...

Great update Jenna!! The time sure does slip away from us!! I need to work on a new blog post as well!! I'm so happy to read that everything is going so good!! You look so happy and PRETTY!! :)