Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Week Away

Once again I have not been the best about updating. Kaelyn and I were visiting my parents last week while Scott was gone for work and had a great time! I found myself relaxing much of the time and getting much of what I needed to, done...especially on my blog. Sorry about that...I guess we all need times once in a while just to be lazy...haha. :)

Anyways...As Kaelyn gets older she is adding more and more words to her vocabulary. We always say that she learns a word a day, and that really is no exaggeration. Each day it seems she is saying something new. One of her most recent words is "bubble". While spending some time at my parents house last week Kaelyn got to do some really fun things! For instance, she was thrilled when Grammy got out her bubble blower. She had never played with bubbles so this was an exciting and new experience for her. She enjoyed watching them float in the air, as well as chase after them and try to catch them. It was so cute to watch her! After seeing how much she enjoyed this, I definitely think we'll have to get ourselves a bubble blower as well....especially this summer when it's nicer outside...she will have a lot of fun with something like that.





Other than that her new favorite thing to say is "hi mom" and "hi dad". It's really neat to see her putting together words and it's so helpful to us too. We find it's much easier to know what she is needing when she can communicate it to us in a way we can understand.

We're now home from our fun week away and I suppose I better get unpacking and doing some laundry. Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

1 comments:

clare3 said...

How cute! Simple things are so much fun for little ones.