Monday, February 2, 2009

You Know You're a Parent When....

As I'm sure was the same with many of you last night, Scott and I were sitting in our living room watching the Super Bowl. I have to admit, football is typically something I could take or leave, but when a game is as close as this one was....I find it to be quite interesting, even if I don't have a "favorite" team I'm cheering for. Scott on the other hand has always loved football. He played in high school, college, and ever since has always enjoyed watching it on TV when he has the time. So, needless to say...the Super Bowl is a big deal for him and he was hoping for a big win for the Cardinals! He was his typical football watching energetic self until 8:00pm, when Kaelyn went to bed. Her bedroom wall is shared with that of our family room where we were watching the game....so Scott knew that he now had to cheer in silence. If I had known this was going to be such an entertaining and amusing thing to witness, I would have definitely had my camera ready. However, I was too late. As the game neared the end, anyone who watched it knows that it was a close one. Scott was on the edge of his seat the whole time. When the Cardinals made their last touch down, he was sure they had won the game, as did I. He immediately hopped off the couch, throwing his arms in the air and silently yelling "YEAH!!" as he did his victory dance. You may have had to be there to appreciate the humor as he did this, but it was HILARIOUS! We laughed as we joked how "You know you're a parent when you have to do a silent celebration as you jump up and down during the Super Bowl because your baby is sleeping". :) Parenting has changed our life and in only positive ways. It's so wonderful and fun!

Today I had another moment like this, when I wish I had the camera by my side. As I sat on the computer checking my email Kaelyn was playing with her toys and running all over the place as usual. I peeked over the screen to check on her, and found her walking around the family room with her pants around her little ankles. :) I realized that they were a bit long, and each time she had stood up from the ground they got caught under her feet and were slowly being pulled down. :) It was pretty funny and cute...she and I both laughed and laughed about it. I didn't have the camera by my side right away, but did grab it in time to get a picture of her standing in front of the TV dancing....it was like she didn't even realize or care that they were off....hehe.



I often tell Scott it would be nice to have a camera with us in every room so that we're always sure to capture these fun moments. I guess these two instances have caused me to be more aware of where the camera is at all times and to make sure that it's within arms reach. :)

0 comments: