Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Then and Now

I can't believe how fast babies grow!! About every three months or so, Scott and I find ourselves going through Kaelyn's closet and dresser, putting away clothes that she's grown out of already. She now has 5 big tubs full of clothes that don't fit her anymore....some of which she only had the chance to wear a few times. Recently we were putting away some of her things again, and I happened to come across a dress that I had worn when I was Kaelyn's age. My Grandma Sankey had made my twin brother and I outfits with our initials on them. Once we had children, my mom gave them to us to have. I have had it hanging in Kaelyn's closet for quite some time, waiting for the day when she could fit in it so I could get pictures. That time has come (and almost gone) and I almost completely forgot about it. I'm SO glad I happened to come across it, because it is obviously the only time Kaelyn will fit in it and for me to get pictures. It may sound a little silly, but I thought it would be fun! :)







We put it on her Sunday afternoon and took lots of pictures. She loves being in dresses, so she was super excited (as you can see in some of the pictures). :) Obviously she didn't understand the reason for getting all dressed up, but one day when she's older I hope to get some of these printed and give them to her. It's a special thing that I am sure she'll appreciate. I enjoyed seeing an outfit that was worn 25 years ago by me (which if you hadn't guessed already, that's me around 13 1/2 months up in the right corner), on our little girl. It was pretty special. :)


1 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so cute! Keagan actually wore a newborn onesie the night we brought him home that has been passed down through his family. Ethan wore it, then his nephew wore it and then Keagan wore it!