Friday, May 22, 2009

13 Weeks Pregnant

We are entering our 13th week of pregnancy....second trimester here we come!! So far this pregnancy has just flown by. It's amazing how fast it goes when you have a toddler to run after all the time. You just don't have as much time to think about it. I prefer it that way...as I'd rather have the pregnancy go by quickly so I can meet our little one that much sooner! :)

As I leave the first trimester behind me, I am noticing things that I am welcoming with open arms. The main one being that I am starting (slowly) to feel a bit better. For the past 5 or 6 weeks I've been feeling so sick most of the day. Now...gradually I am feeling less nauseous, and, as long as I keep food in my stomach, can enjoy my days and this pregnancy more. I remember liking the second trimester the most with Kaelyn...so I look forward to it with this one too! As we enter the second trimester I also notice that I am showing more and more (much faster than with Kaelyn I might add). I like that feeling of looking pregnant and am very excited to be entering that stage of pregnancy.

Yesterday I got to thinking about the reality of having a second child and new baby in the house and I couldn't help but get even more excited. I was looking back at all of Kaelyn's pictures taken throughout the past year and a half and barely remember her being so tiny. Time goes by far too quickly. It's hard to believe that in 6 short months we will have another little one like that in our home and family! It's very exciting. Everyone is already guessing whether they think we'll have a boy or a girl which is fun to hear as well. Although it'llbe tempting to find out, I think we'll wait for the surprise in the end to know what we're having like we did with Kaelyn. Not knowing and being surprised was so amazing....it's not easy...but as of now that is the plan with this one too. :) It's fun to guess though and I can't wait until November to find out whether it's a boy or a girl! Either one would be wonderful.

That's just a little update on the pregnancy.....I'll try and update frequently. :) Hope everyone has a wonderful 3 day weekend!!

0 comments: