Friday, May 22, 2009

The Weekend Is Upon Us

Our week started out a little bit rough...with both Scott and Kaelyn not feeling well and having fevers. Thankfully it only lasted a couple of days. From there our week got better and we even got to spend some time outside! It was SO beautiful out. Kaelyn and I walked down to the park and she enjoyed getting to play with all the kids. I'm so thankful for the neighborhood we live in...I will miss it when the times comes to move. She also enjoyed playing in our three seasons porch....she loves it out there and typically sits by the door looking outside!



Kaelyn has also been enjoying her new little laptop (we got it at the Just Between Friends consignment sale we went to last weekend). She has always been very interested in what Scott and I are doing when we're on our laptops, so I thought this would give her one of her own to use. She LOVES it! She's always saying "puter" and handing it to us so we can open it. Too cute!




As the weekend is now upon us I couldn't be happier. Until yesterday I didn't even realize that Monday was Memorial Day!! YEAH! That means Scott is home with us for a long weekend. I LOVE those kind of weekends. :) We were hoping to make some fun plans as a family...but with the temps a little cooler and rain in our forecast we're not quite sure what we're going to do yet. As long as it's time spent together it will be great! We're getting quite the itch for summer...already talking about taking Kaelyn to a couple of zoos this summer (she LOVES animals) and to the pool of course. Hopefully the warmer temps we saw mid week will come back and stay for good over the next few months, because I know Fall and Winter will be here before we know it again...oh the wonderful reality of living in Minnesota!

Other than that, not much new going on. Kaelyn surprises us each and every day with all the new words and phrases she's saying. It's fun to actually sit and have a conversation with her. Some of what she says is still jabbering, but most of it contains actual words and phrases. I just love it! She speaks in sentences too. She'll pause before moving onto the next. It's pretty precious! I've been trying to get some of it on video...but it seems the minute I push the button...Kaelyn either stops talking, or is only interested in the camera and what I'm doing that I can't actually catch anything. Her newest phrases and words from the past few weeks are "supise (surprise)", "sorry mama", "see ya", and "march (like marching with her feet)".

Kaelyn wasn't born with much hair...and it's taken quite some time for it to really start growing much. Since she turned 1, it seems to be coming in a lot faster and the other day I was actually able to get her hair up in pig tails! :) We were pretty excited. It's fun to have a little hair to work with and actually do something with it! She liked it too.

0 comments: