Monday, October 5, 2009

7 More Weeks!

I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone! With Kaelyn 40+ weeks seemed to take forever, but not with this one. I cannot believe that I'm just 7 weeks away already...and that next month we will meet the newest addition to our family!! It's such an exciting time, but also has me realizing that if time continues to go this quickly, I have a lot of things to get done between now and then.

I guess you could say I've settled into the "nesting stage" a bit early. I want to make sure I have some baking done so that meals and goodies are ready to take out of the freezer during those hectic first few weeks. There's also the baby room that we still need to get organized and so much more!

In some ways I am hoping that these next 7 weeks go by quickly. I can't wait to meet our son or daughter! On the other hand, I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if the weeks slowed down just a little so we can be sure to get everything ready and organized before his/her arrival! Either way I'm planning to enjoy every minute of the rest of this pregnancy....feeling the baby move, getting things ready for his/her arrival and even the expanding belly that gets harder and harder to fit into most shirts that I own. :)

My twin brother and his wife threw us a baby shower yesterday! We had such a great time getting to see many family and friends. We feel very blessed to have received so many wonderful gifts (it was a diaper and children's book theme...a genius idea thought up by my sister-in-law) and feel even more prepared for the baby's arrival now!

Here's a pic of she and I at the shower....with 7 weeks to go! We're due less than a week apart!

1 comments:

Justin and Jessica said...

I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left! What a cute picture of you two! :) You look great!