Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Weekend Update

Wow...it's been a while since I posted an update! We left early on Friday for Cedar Falls and got back home late Sunday. We had such a great time spending the holiday with family and helping Josh and Di move into their new place. They're going to love living in Cedar Falls again!! Kaelyn LOVED getting to spend time with her cousin Emry too. It will be nice to have them closer together so they can hopefully get to know each other better. We went to the fireworks Saturday night and it was Kaelyn's first time. I wasn't sure how she'd react, but it went great. She kept saying "wow"! It was fun to see her experience this for the first time. I know next year she'll probably enjoy it even more!
Playing on Cousin Emry's bed
Watching the fireworks and playing with her glow sticks
Tomorrow we have our 20 week ultrasound! Scott and I are both very excited to see our little one again. The ultrasound appointments are always our favorite. We're not going to find out if it's a boy or a girl...we'd like to be surprised like we were with Kaelyn....but it will still be fun to see our little baby again and watch him or her wiggle all around! I can't wait!! I will try and post a few of the pics we get by the end of the week.

Oh...and Friday before heading down to Cedar Falls we got Kaelyn's ears pierced! She did great and it looks adorable. She walks around pointing to her ears and says "ear cute". :) She still got called a boy in Walmart though...guess it's going to take getting some more hair before people stop doing that. haha I haven't got a good picture of her with earrings yet...she's too quick...but I will try to get some posted soon!

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July!

2 comments:

kristie schaul said...

Kaelyn always looks so cute in your pictures! (Will you shop for Finley when you shop for Kaelyn--I stink at shopping!)
I wish we lived closer together! It would be fun having the girls play together, and we could chat forever like we used to (and eat Chinese food while we did so!)

Justin and Jessica said...

Glad you had a fun 4th! Kaelyn looked adorable as always! :)

Hope your ultrasound went well! That was my favorite thing when I was pregnant - and I had 5 or 6 of them when I was pregnant! (I had a cyst they had to watch, which is why I had so many.) It was fun to watch her grow each time!