Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Family

We had a fantastic weekend! It was really nice to spend time with my family for a couple of days to celebrate my Dad's birthday. My brother Josh and his family have lived in Texas for the last 4 years, so having them back in Iowa is wonderful! We are all enjoying getting to spend time together as a family and seeing each other more than just once or twice a year!

Friday night Josh and the family, as well as my brother Jake headed up to Albert Lea to stay for the night. It was fun getting Kaelyn and Emry together again! Emry is all Kaelyn talks about now!! She loves her cousin. :) She was quite sad to see him leave on Sunday...I've never seen her so heartbroken. :( It was Forest City's town celebration weekend, so Saturday morning we headed there and met my parents at the parade. The kids LOVED it!! We spent the rest of Saturday playing games, watching the kids interact, grilling out, and of course watching fireworks! What a relaxing and fun day! Sunday we all went to church and then came home where the kids were able to swim in my parent's backyard for a while. I'm so glad Kaelyn has a cousin who lives so close now...they sure had a great time playing together!

Emry checking out Kaelyn's big girl bed before bedtime

At the parade



Fireworks



Swimming

The pregnancy is going great! I can't believe we're actually 21 weeks already! I know, I know...I say that every week...but it's crazy how fast it's going! A while back I said that I'd post an ultrasound pic of our little one...so here he/she is! We can't wait to meet Baby Gaskill! :)

1 comments:

kristie schaul said...

GREAT pictures Jenna!! What a couple of adorable toddlers! :) I can't wait to hear more about baby gaskill as the days go by! How fun!!