Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Trip to FC

It's the first time since Scott and I have been married that he has had to go away on business for more than a few days....a week to be exact! Ugh....6 days is a long time and Kaelyn and I sure miss him. Thankfully my parents live fairly close to us...so I decided yesterday that Kaelyn and I would go visit them for a few days. It's nice to have family around and not be by ourselves the entire week. That would get very lonely I think.

We hadn't planned on making the trip to FC until later yesterday, but the weather had other plans for us. As the snow began to fall heavily yesterday morning, I thought it would be smart to try and venture out into the storm and get there before it started to blow and drift. Amazingly our drive was not too bad and we got here safely. I'm glad we came in the morning and not the afternoon, as the snow continued to fall and blow throughout the day...that would not have been fun. Now we're enjoying our time relaxing and enjoying the company of my parents, and Zoe of course ;). I'm happy to be in where it's warm...as the temps are absolutely freezing today.

We are so looking forward to seeing Scott in a few days, and are glad that we have been able to take this little trip in the mean time. :)

Stay Warm!

0 comments: