Monday, December 8, 2008

A Winter Wonderland


The view of our backyard....


"Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?
In the lane, snow is glistening.
A Beautiful site,
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland!"

It's that time of year when we hear songs like this on the radio and have them stuck in our heads the entire holiday season. Now you'll have it stuck in your head too...:) I love Christmas time and all the music that surrounds us this time of year. What a cheerful time time it is! As I watched the snow fall this afternoon, this song instantly came to mind. Isn't it funny how a song can change your mood?? As I watched the snow come down and listened to the blustery forecast, I couldn't help but be a little bummed. However...how could I stay down with a song like this in my head?! :) It helped me to not only appreciate the beauty of the snow falling and of God's creation, but also how incredibly blessed I am to be in my warm home that I can watch it so peacefully from! Winter may have it's blizzards and freezing temperatures....but the glistening snow and wonderful time of year definitely helps to make it a Winter Wonderland and one I can enjoy!!
The view of part of our front yard...


0 comments: