Monday, October 20, 2008

Date Night!

A while back I posted about Scott's banquet for work and how it was the first time we'd been out...just us...since Kaelyn was born last November! I kind of considered it a date, but was looking forward to a time when we could go out, just us and do a real "date like thing"...like going to a movie or out to eat or something. Well....last night my parents were up visiting and helping me celebrate my birthday which is coming up in a couple of days, and they suggested Scott and I go to a movie for my birthday while they watch Kaelyn. Of course we were very excited! It's not very often we get to go out, and this would be the first "official" date we've had in over a year!! We love the fact that they're such wonderful Grandparents...and more than willing to watch Kaelyn for us! So, I'm sure you're wondering what our decision was...well of course we went!! :)

We had such a nice time. We went to the movie, Eagle Eye here in town, which by the way, was an incredible movie! I know there are mixed reviews on it, but we really enjoyed it a lot. I think more than anything though, it was just enjoyable to be out together and have the pleasure of being in the company of one another. It's not very often that we get time to just be together...so this was wonderful! I think it's so important for parents to make sure they take time for each other and have dates often...that's something that Scott and I want to continue to do, even while our kids are young! Now that Kaelyn is getting older, and weaning off of breastfeeding, it's easier to have my parents watch her for us...so, I have a feeling date nights will become a more regular occurrence for us now.

0 comments: