Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our Little Girl is Growing Up...

Well...ok, "growing up" may be a bit extreme to describe a one year old...but it's weird for me to think that in only a few short weeks Kaelyn will be one!! Where does the time go?! She is growing and changing right before our eyes. Each day she surprises us with something new she has learned. Yesterday for instance, it was signing the word "milk". Even the small things like this make a parent so proud...and can put a smile on our face the whole day through!

Speaking of turning one...I can't believe how much work goes into planning a birthday party. Obviously, having only one child, this will be the first one I've planned. We're keeping it fairly simple...yet there is so much to make sure we do. There's the cake, the gifts, making sure we have enough of everything for our family members, and most importantly making sure that it is the most special day for Kaelyn! She deserves it! :) I am happy to say that I do have some of the things done that I needed to for her party, but there is much more that keeps coming to mind. We still have a few weeks at least...I'm sure it will all get done with time to spare.

I was reading a blog the other day, and one person compared planning her son's first birthday party to planning a wedding. I don't know that I'd go that far...but there is much more planning involved than one might think. And, although fun, it's a little bittersweet...as it's a time to be celebrated, yet it means that our little girl is already turning one and is no longer a little baby any more. She's becoming a "big girl"now.....

0 comments: